Thursday, July 23, 2026

✦ π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡, π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡ ✦

The Downs and Downs of Senior Year



I mean, come onnnn... where is the hype? The parties? The fun weekend trips I was clearly promised in the movies?

Senior year sucks, and for all the wrong reasons. It's plain and simple—utterly BORING.

Look, I know this year is supposed to be serious and all. I mean, with college applications and finals coming up, one would think we should be focused. BUT I CAN'T BE FOCUSED when it feels like my days are a broken record.


You know, I used to watch those 2000s high school movies where there would be a party like no other every other scene. I mean, that gets a girl really pumped for the so-called "final year of high school" chapter of the book.

But man... was I wrong.

My days are filled with college applications that I don't want to finish, boys that aren't my type—and sadly, I fear never will be—a driver's license that I still don't have, and worst of all...

NO MONEY TO DO ANYTHING.


Ugh, I mean, come on. Take me to New York with a group of friends, or maybe Paris with an awesome boyfriend. OR EVEN TAKE ME TO KOREA FOR THE FUN OF IT. Just take me anywhere.

Those books where girls suddenly have something magical happen in their lives are the type of books that get me thinking, "Why can't I just be a teen actor? Or maybe a singer? Or just someone who has everything figured out?"

AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON HOW I THOUGHT BEING 18 WOULD BE, 

Like dude is life just going to be downright boring all the time?

 


Give me a break. When does life actually start, like give me an adventure and let's get this party on the road PEOPLE

 All those books and movies have clearly lied to me because being 18 was supposed to be like the highlight of teenage hood or something but the only thing it was highlighting is stress and a bad case of being sleep deprived.




~so long dream of being 18 and awesome.



7 comments:

  1. I love this blog so much!! But I had a small question. For your posts they all say "read more" whenever I post on my blog it just shows the whole post. I have no clue how to do that since I'm new to blogging😭. Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi hiii, thank u so much ml!!, idk if u have an email i can send u a tutorial of how i did it because i cant describe it lol

      Delete
    2. Yes! Its ephemeralkiss023@gmail.com thank you!

      Delete
  2. Your so friggin real bro hs isnt what everyone promised!! Why are all the guys chopped and the days are boring too! I'm not a senior yet and maybe it's just the country and school culture I grew up with but I go to a US curriculm school and theres nothing interesting about hs! yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no because where is that high school dreammmm atp ( p.s i message u on ur chat box)

      Delete
  3. im obsessed with your blog and am currently uninfluenced from wanting to be 18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank uuu ml , honestly we HAVE to start taking life by the neck and makeing it fun because clearly it lost the plot when it didnt give me a movie type of experience at 18

      Delete

Featured posts

HOT TOPIC WEEKLY ✦ ISSUE 01

This Week's Topic: Is Love At First Sight Real?