BOY #1: THE BOY WHO SANG HIS WAY INTO MY HEART
Status then: Situationship-ish friends
Status now: Ghosted
Year: 2024
Soundtrack: Reflections- The Neighbourhood
Welcome back, lovebirds.
Today's subject is a boy I met on Discord.
I was young. Please bear with me.
For the purposes of this investigation, we'll be calling him D.S. And yes, those initials are significant to him in a way .
Now, let's begin.
D.S. and I met on a karaoke server on Discord.
These were the days when I was in boarding school, perpetually bored, and in a band with two of my best friends because apparently, we thought we were cute and niche or whatever.
Naturally, I decided I should start singing for strangers on the internet more often to remove shyness.
And plus I was already a certified Discord warrior, I thought:
Why don't I join a karaoke server? Teehee.
No teehee.
Because I joined a channel and there he was.
D.S.
First of all, his profile was attractive.
Very attractive.
And, mind you, I was sixteen at the time, which should tell you everything you need to know about the level of rational thinking happening here.
Then he started singing.
And when I say singing, I mean SINGING.
I was smitten.
Because apparently my weakness is a man who sounds like he could have been a lost Justin Bieber track.
At this point, I would have been willing to overlook almost anything because the voice had already done the heavy lifting.
And then he texted me:
"Hey, I see you like Wave to Earth. I do too."
BINGO.
I was sold.
That was it.
Pack it up, everyone. We had a connection.
We started talking.
And by talking, I mean talking.
A LOT.
We went from music to relationship views to cars to life problems, somehow covering approximately every topic known to humanity.
And I should probably mention that he started flirting with me pretty much from the jump once he found out we had the same music taste.
And yes, I flirted back( i think but it was just bad lol I got second hand embarrassment.
Lowkey, I was a gone girl, people.
Now, before anyone starts asking me “Girl, What Were You Doing?”, let me clarify something.
He was a substitute teacher and, at the time, was either 17 or 17 turning 18, so there was only a two-to-three-year age gap.
Looking back, though, I just liked people who weren't my age, but it wasn't that bad trust me.
Anyway.
We eventually moved from Discord to Instagram.
And this was around the time I was incredibly insecure, so naturally I didn't want him to see what I looked like.
He, on the other hand, was really fine ( I wish I could show you how attractive he was because it was insane).
Like, unfortunately fine.
Eventually I did show him what I looked like, and he proceeded to hype me up so much that, in my head, this man had basically already signed the marriage certificate.
That was my man.
At least according to the completely unbiased court of my sixteen-year-old brain.
Then came the golden era.
For about three months, we talked from morning until the next day.
Three months.
This man was sweet.
He made jokes with me.
He helped me find producers.
He recommended me songs, books and poetry.
He even helped me learn how to cook.
EXCUSE ME?
I was IN LOVE.
Or, at the very least, sixteen-year-old me was convinced I had finally found the plot.
Everything seemed perfect.
And then...
Ghost.
Just like that.
He stopped replying.
No warning.
No explanation.
Nothing.
And this wasn't even a guy who casually disappeared for a few hours.
This was the same person who apparently couldn't go to sleep without saying goodnight to me.
So naturally, I started wondering:
Where was he?
I had no idea.
And then I began to crash out.
For two weeks.
I texted.
I called.
Nothing.
Silence. (except for the fact that he continued to view my stories AND HAD THE AUDACITY TO LIKE THEM)
And then, after two weeks of absolutely nothing, he finally sent me a paragraph.
Apparently:
He loved talking to me.
He missed me.
I had been the best thing that had happened to him.
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Now, babes, you can imagine my emotional state.
I was relieved.
I was confused.
I was also very much thinking:
Okay... but where the sprinkles have you been?
But I ignored the questions because, ultimately, he was alive, he was okay, and he was talking to me again.
So, I told him I forgave him.
I told him I was happy he was okay.
And then...
He never responded.
Ever again.
Yes.
You read that correctly.
He came back after two weeks, gave me an emotional TED Talk about how much he missed me, and then disappeared AGAIN.
At that point, I was beyond sad.
Because I genuinely felt played.
This wasn't even some imaginary relationship I'd constructed entirely in my head.
We had talked about him coming to see me.
We had literally played out scenarios about what we'd do when he came.
We had spent months talking about our lives.
And then suddenly...
Nothing.
A week later, I checked his Spotify.
And there it was.
The final piece of evidence.
His Spotify profile picture had changed.
To another girl.
A GIRL.
...
Babes.
I have no words.
Actually, I do.
BRO.
Why not just tell me you got a girlfriend?
Why disappear for two weeks?
Why come back and tell me I was the best thing that happened to you?
Why tell me you missed me?
Why do ALL OF THAT...
...when there was apparently another girl waiting somewhere in the background?
Because at this point, I wasn't heartbroken.
I was OFFENDED.
So naturally, I did what any emotionally stable sixteen-year-old would do.
I crashed out.
I deleted our Spotify playlist.
I deleted our messages.
I attempted to erase the evidence of the entire situation from existence.
Did I stop checking his Instagram and reposts?
Absolutely not.
I may have deleted the evidence, but unfortunately, I had not deleted my curiosity.
So I continued to quietly stalk his reposts and Instagram because apparently closure was not available in my country.
Slowly, he stopped liking my posts.
Then my stories.
The interactions faded.
And just when I thought the story couldn't get any more ridiculous...
He got hacked.
A MONTH after I found out about the girl.
Because apparently someone had decided that this story needed one final plot twist.
And honestly?
At that point, I didn't even know whether to laugh, cry, or scream.
But that, lovebird, is where we will leave this particular investigation...
For now.
Because unfortunately, this was only Boy #1.
And if you've learned anything from my love life so far, it's that the plot is never finished when you think it is.
Love,
W. Blair
Evidence section ( only from when we first started talking because the Instagram messages are LONG GONE):
( A quote he sent me when I told him about the guys that play in my face before he became one of them)
( I was over the moooon when he had the same humour I did, I was soooo easy)
(He taught me how to cook his favourite food and then said we should make it together so funny how lies are in the tips of a man's fingers)
(When he offered to spend hours looking for a producer for me and he did that, and this is also when he introduced me to Wallows who I have been listening to for years now because of him)





I feel you girl, happens to the best of us. Still really shitty from him and I hope you will find a better guy who will be so head over heels in love with you ;)
ReplyDeleteughhh thank u so much ml, yeahhh he was crazy but he isnt even the worst one , that prize i have to hand to boy 4 because honestly he will shock you
Delete